FUCK NO! “unless you’re over 60, you weren’t promised flying cars. You were promised an oppressive cyberpunk dystopia.”
I’m 31 and I grew up with
- The Jetsons, those have flying cars and robots
- The Thunderbirds
- Dragon ball which has dragon balls and flying capsule cars
and all sorts of scary aliens
- Back to the future which has flying cars endless recycled energy and rejuvenation, hoverboards, …………. (after they fixed the grimdark part)
- Star Trek which barely even has wars as we know them!
- Astro Boy! Heatcliff! Mysterious cities of Gold, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Voltron, Thundercats, Inspector Gadget and Muppet Babies!
- and hot women in spandex which was about every cartoon ever.. Except Sailor Moon but that’s just a whole different ballpark.
I was fucking promised flying cars!
I might agree that the 35 to 55 year olds were looking at very grimdark stuff at the time, but that is NOT what I was watching!