I desperately want those pictures. The hotel wifi was not up to uploading the load of awesome shots (like those amazing panoramas I did) so I have a flaky few days of pictures, some are there, others aren’t. And I want them all, obviously. Maybe I’d be happy if there were some for all days, but the last 4 days are plainly missing 😦
So, a brain dump of where I’m at right now.
- My Nexus 4 won’t boot anymore.
- The phone won’t start past the glowing X. Just does that for literally hours. It wen’t flat and reloaded totally and no difference.
- The glowing X doesn’t answer to ADB yet. (Or did I forget to enable dev USB mode? Don’t know.. Might be the case though.)
- The phone is locked state
- The phone has stock recovery
- The phone only has internal storage.
- Can’t use adb to copy the photos
- Can’t use fastboot to copy data off the device
- Can’t use fastboot to flash clockwork because the phone is locked
- Unlocking the phone will wipe all data
- Stock recovery only offers the option to sideload a zip via adb or wipe data
- Stock recovery sideload mode doesn’t accept any other adb commands
- Tried to wipe cache in a move of desperation. Maybe this’ll let it boot again?
That’s it I think. Maybe more as I think of shit. Jup. That’s it so far.
I’m honestly stuck at the moment.
It looks like that data is lost to me 😥
Got to appreciate the security done right though. If nothing, at least that.