I joined in on the SECRET ANARCHYCORE day yesterday.Organised on G+ and described as vollows:
How it works:
1-POST HERE so people know that you haven’t got anything better to do than fulfill their d100 table fantasies. You can’t make a request without putting your name out there, home slice.Then cool your heels for a while. Quit rushing into things. Make some tea.
2-CALL OUT one of the dog’s brother’s who also posted their names like fools. INSULT THEM if you feel like it, preferably in a strange and confusing manner.
3-MAKE DEMANDS of them
4-No one is under any obligation to do anything, because I’m just some jerk who is writing words on the internet. But you should probably follow through or else people will think you are a dong. Post your thing on G+ or on your blog (and tag the person who requested it or whatever)
ALL DEMANDS MUST BE FULFILLED IN THE SLOPPIEST AND MOST HURRIED OF MANNER. THIS IS NOT CHRISTMAS, BRO. IT’S FEBRUANY AT SUBWAY, WHICH IS NOT A GIFT GIVING HOLIDAY.
THIS THREAD LOCKS AT THE END OF THE DAY SO ITS LIKE A SPECIAL EVENT OR SOMETHING, SEE? LIKE YOU ARENT JUST GETTING THAT NEW SLIME YOU ASKED FOR, IT IS AN ARTISINAL LIMITED EDITION SLIME
As per the rules, I chose, insulted and asked for what I wanted. “Somehing Cool” And I got it, a Cool “tiny table of random cities, except all these cities are actually just US cities described in unreasonably florid terms. And there’s nothing from Texas or anywhere in the South because I haven’t really been to those places, and I don’t really care.” There was no request for me to do something, so I chose something to do in return and picked the following request:
It’s not directed at me, but it was directly above what I got, so that’s the one I’m doing! For +Trent B.
In the spirit of this thing, I googled “NOTABLE TOWN EVENTS” images, crossed out the results I didn’t like and offer you the following list:
- (01) First: A fluffy white rabbit walks into town, the streets are deserted, citizens cower in their houses as they fear it to be the Rabbit of Caerbannog. Which we all know is cheap and silly. But it obviously is.
- (02) Second: A weather fluke makes it snow exceptionally A LOT. The unprepared town suffers.
- (03) Third: The town organizes a walk around the most notable monuments and buildings.
- (04) Fourth: Part of the city collapses below sea level. The city is now ideal to house a port with a well defensible fortress. Particularly spectacular when there is no sea really nearby. The sea laps up against the new cliffs regardless.
- (05) Fifth: The town is overrun with plant growth. The plants visibly grow. Buildings suffer and are ultimately destroyed.
- (06) Sixth: The town grows into a city. Skyscrapers & all, apparently. Nobody likes this.
- (07) First: I don’t like this one.
- (07) Second: Galactus comes to town. And drinks a lot. And is violently sick. Some people dislike him. Others see the up-side.
- (08) Third: Entmoet.
- (09) Fourth: The water level rises, creating a Venetian town overnight.
- (10) Fifth: A huge caterpillar (ie 2m legs, 4m body) moves through town
- (11) Sixth: It’s a particularly pretty day. Nice temperature, prefect breeze, nobody really wants to do anything else but chillax!
- (12) First: A statue of the watchman is found in the middle of the garden pond. Everyone who touches the water turns to stone.
- (13) Second: Marry Poppins comes to town.
- (14) Third: A row between neighbors gets out of hand, polarizing the town.
- (15) Fourth: Local traditional feast where the populace releases bottles with a mysterious fluid to the clouds
- (16) Fifth: A particularly nice sunset.
- (17) Sixth: A very unusable picture. Possibly even a commercial. Use the Seventh.
- (17) Seventh: It’s market day. Not too many people show up.
- (18) First: Nothing much happens.
- (19) Second: The palace or monastery gardens are opened to the public for one week. A tradition that returns every four years.
- (20) Third: A town’s notable commits suicide from the highest tower in town. Everyone who comes near the corpse does the same.
- (21) Fourth: I don’t like this one.
- (21) Fifth: A group of weird iron beasts that exude noxious gasses pass through the town at incredible speeds. Everyone is panicked. They seem to have people inside them. Some of these people wave.
- (22) Sixth: Anual Sailing Regatta
How to use this.
- Roll a D4 for the row, then a D6 for the column.
- Or a D20 if that suits you better, then use the Xth picture, use the last one if you don’t like the result.
- close your eyes and pick one
- Affix the pictures screenshot to a darts board. You might prefer to print it first.
- Use a deck of cards; draw 2 cards and add those up. Black cards are the card value, Red cards are double value, then count. The face cards means that figure visits. Major arcana: you lose.
There you go.
THIS IS NOT CHRISTMAS, BRO.